Monday, February 28, 2011

Follow Up...

So, my promise to you was to follow up on this whole 'scholarship' thing right? Right.
Sure, I could go on and on about the opportunity just one scholarship could provide someone. How, when offered to a passionate and motivated individual, a scholarship is guaranteed to change the trajectory of a life...A scholarship says to the dreamer, "we believe in you." It's an affirmation only a select few would put their necks on the line to get, but with great risk can sometimes come even greater reward (I should take my own advice here, but that isn't the point).
However, I'm off waxing poetic on the topic, yet, I have to ask myself, "who am I to go on and on about such things?" I never applied for one of these, bagillion (technical term) scholarships (see what I mean; I exaggerate at times, but this is not one of them), so where would I begin with such a topic?
How about I go right to the source. Below are a few of my favorite excerpts from previous recipients. They sum it up better than I ever could, plus, it's just fun to read. And by fun, I mean inspirational...Enjoy!

"These dance pieces were meant to challenge, provoke and inspire the audience causing one’s breath to quicken and pulse to race, which in actual fact did." -Kwaku Manu

"The main thing that I learned was to always believe in myself no matter how hard the circumstances are." -Michael Bradford

"My experience gave me a great gift - the opportunity to fall even more deeply in love with dance." -Tenley Dorrill

Does it get any better?



No comments:

Post a Comment